The Independent Bars Association (IBA) exists to give operators a united voice and to make the industry more commercially viable for its members to operate in. Our main objectives will include to:
• Promote and protect the business interests of Independent/Small Bars.
• Advocate on policy issues to improve the competitiveness and vibrancy of Independent/Small Bars.
• Advise members on any key issues which affect Independent/Small Bars.
• Monitor all proceedings in local and State Parliament and to analyse, comment and advocate on all industry issues affecting members.
• Maintain and promote high standards of service and conduct in Independent/Small Bars across NSW.
For too long we have been addressing our issues as individuals with the council, liquor & gaming, and the police. It costs time and money, and more often than not the result is nowhere near what we were seeking. With the recent and ever changing challenges we face as operators / owners of independent/small bars the IBA will act as our representative body.